Victoria University is inviting overseas students to apply for Victoria International Excellence Scholarships on the basis of academic merit over three years of study.
The purpose of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) is to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
Scholarships Number and Award:
Scholarship of value $20,000 over three years will be awarded. Scholarships will be comprised of $10,000 for the first year of study, and a further $5,000 for the second and third years of study, provided a Grade Point Average of 7 (A- average) is maintained.
Students must also study full-time (at least 120 points a year) in order to continue to hold the Victoria International Excellence Scholarship.
Education Level & Subject:
Scholarships are available to study undergraduate programme in any of the courses offered by the university.
Applicants must be:
1. International students who have completed at least one full year (i.e. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school
2. Enroll full time in the applicant’s first year of their first undergraduate degree
3. Complete NCEA Level 2 or 3 with Excellence or equivalent
4. Victoria’s English language requirements are strict and not negotiable. If student’s first language is not English, they must provide evidence of English proficiency before they will be accepted as a PhD candidate. Requirements are:
-TOEFL 575 with (preferably) a TWE of 5, or 237 on the computer-based test; or 90 on the Internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing; or
-IELTS overall band of 6.5, no sub-score below 6; or
-CAE grade B; or
-a minimum of two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in the Victoria University English proficiency programme test.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application
2. Provide a reference from your School Principal or nominee.
3. Attach a one-page personal statement, explaining your reason for wishing to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic goals you hope to achieve and why you believe you merit the scholarship.
You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community. Please provide an outline of your personal circumstances, including details of financial difficulties. More information may be requested if necessary.
10 November 2018
10 November 2019