The International Physician Scholarship Fund was established to provide access to quality education for physicians who reside in low and middle income countries (as defined by World Bank) to attend and participate in the Annual Assembly.
Scholarships Number and Award:
This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to scholarship recipients to cover ordinary costs associated with attending the Annual Assembly registration and travel-related expenses, including air fare, taxi fare, meals, and lodging. At the Annual Assembly, scholarship recipients will gain access to the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field.
Education Level & Subject:
For Physicians to study in the field of medicine
Scholarships are available to physicians who work in hospice and palliative medicine and who care for seriously ill patients. Eligible physicians must permanently reside in low and middle income countries as defined by World Bank.
It is our hope that the scholarship recipients will share the knowledge attained from the Annual Assembly to improve the palliative care offerings in their home country. Preference will be given to applicants who are
– members of the AAHPM – physicians who reside in a low or middle income country as defined by the World Bank & the HINARI list of eligible countries are eligible for a complimentary international membership.
– have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
– are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care, including a resident or fellow, focused on studying palliative care, and
– whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity.
How to Apply:
1. Prepare your Cirriculum Vitae (CV) – 2 page limit
2. Prepare a one-page letter of recommendation and support from your supervisor or person of authority in your organization on your organization’s letterhead
3. Complete the application in one of two ways:
– Complete the online application OR
All documents must be received by August 21 at 11:59am CST (US Central Standard Time).
More information: http://aahpm.org