Romanian Government Fully Funded Scholarship offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on G.D. 288/1993, for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
Up to 85 scholarships are available for candidates.
Scholarships Number and Award:
There are 85 scholarships available. The scholarships cover free-of-charge tuition, free-of-charge accommodation and financial support
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
Education Level & Subject:
These scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate programme.
-Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs;
-The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study;
-The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
-The applicant for the scholarship has not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.
1. Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence;
2. The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly;
3. The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania;
4. Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required;
5. Legalized copies of matriculation sheets / diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable;
6. Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian;
7. Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport;
8. The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies;
9. Curriculum Vitae of the applicant;
10. Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
How to Apply:
Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions. Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration.
March 15, 2018