The Autonomous Non-Profit Organization for Higher Education Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is a private research university located near Skolkovo, Moscow Oblast, in the close vicinity of the capital city of Moscow, Russia.
The school, which was founded in 2011, is a project led by the Skolkovo Foundation, with MIT as a major developmental partner as part of the MIT Skoltech Initiative.
Scholarships Number and Award:
– Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40.000 RUR per month at MSc programs.
– Free medical insurance.
– A variety of academic mobility programs.
– Currently, all admitted students receive a fellowship that covers the cost of education.
– Skoltech aims to provide the maximum financial aid to its students. All admitted Master’s and PhD students will receive an academic stipend as well as full tuition, housing, and medical insurance. The standard stipend is 40,000 rubles for Master’s students. For graduate students, this can be upwards of 45,000 rubles. Any further funding will be decided on a case by case basis by the admissions committee.
Education Level & Subject:
Master degree and PhD programme in the following subjects:
Master of Science Programs:
– Energy Systems
– Data Science
– Computational Science and Engineering
– Statistical Learning Theory
– Photonics and Quantum Materials
– Materials Science and Engineering
– Life Sciences
– Computational and Data Science and Engineering
– Engineering Systems
– Petroleum Engineering
For master’s programs
an appropriate bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
For doctoral programs
an appropriate master’s degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at Skoltech. A score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is desired. A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if applicant is a native speaker of English.
CV, 2 letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Submission of either TOEFL or IELTS test results is required by “Selection Weekend”.
Applicants who did not get a chance to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
How to Apply:
The Skoltech offers an online application to make the process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, we advise that you carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
MSc programs application dates
Open: December 16, 2016
Close: July 16, 2017
PhD programs application dates
Close: August 10 , 2017
More information: www.skoltech.ru