The International Student Office is able to award scholarships for international students for the finishing phase of their degree programme, funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The scholarships are worth up to 400 EUR per month for a duration of 3 to 4 months.
Scholarships Number and Award:
If a successful applicant has one or several student jobs which provide him with an income of more than 450 euros per month before taxes, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount that exceeds the limit of 450 Euro (requirement from the DAAD).
Education Level & Subject:
The scholarships are suitable for international students who expect to finish their programme (bachelor, master) in the upcoming semester can apply for a graduate scholarship.
These scholarships are funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
-Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2019
-Residence permit for the purpose of study (§16)
Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than 450 EUR
All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2019 are eligible to apply. Good academic performance, as well as financial need, are required; voluntary work inside or outside the university is desired but not mandatory.
How to Apply:
1. Filled application form;
2. Motivation letter (Reason for applying, topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.);
4. Transcript with grade average;
5. Enrolment certificate;
6. Copy of the residence permit from your passport;
7. If available yet: A copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office;
8. If available: Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation is sufficient);
9. If you are married: Information about your family’s overall income, including proof, if available;
10. Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis.
In this recommendation letter, your supervisor should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you judge the applicant’s performance in your seminars? How much does the applicant’s thesis fit his/her profile? What result do you expect from the applicant’s thesis? When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her thesis and/or other exams? How would you describe the applicant’s personality?
The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the supervisor to email@example.com
January 15, 2019