According to the Conference of Italian University Rectors (CRUI), in cooperation with ANDISU (National Association of Organizations for Right to study), following the Memorandum of Understanding signed in Rome on July 20th 2016, the Italian Ministry of Interior offers 100 scholarships for the A.Y. 2017/18 to refugee students or with international protection.
Scholarships Number and Award:
The scholarships are awarded by the University, possibly in cooperation with the Regional Authorities for the Right to Study, and entitle students to exemption from taxes and university contributions, accommodation services (house and meal), access to university facilities (centers, libraries). Any additional services may be offered by third parties.
Education Level & Subject:
Bachelor, Master degree and PhD programs in Italian Public Universities. The Scholarship are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarships are reserved to students having the status of refugees or subsidiary protection belonging to the following categories:
a) Winners of the previous call in the A.Y. 2016/17 who are entitled to obtain the scholarship in A.Y. 2017/2018, if they achieve at least 20 CFUs on 10/08/2017 and have at least 15 CFU within 16/07/2017 or
b) Students who obtain a regular enrollment, for the first time in the Italian university system, in a bachelor, master degree, or a PhD program – A.Y. 2017/2018.
Applicants are also required to attach the following documents:
1. Copy of an identity document (ID);
2. Short CV (in Italian or English) if they are candidates who have not yet enrolled at the university or a certificate of the exams held by the University if they are students competing for the 2nd year of the scholarship
How to Apply:
Both categories of candidates must apply from the web site http://borsespi.laziodisu.it, by July 16, 2017, midnight, Roma local time, entering the following data:
1. Family name
2. First name
4. Date of birth
5. State of birth
7. Italian fiscal code (codice fiscale)
8. Certificate of international protection (number, date of issue, authority)
9. Residency permit (number, date of issue, Questura in charge)
10. Current refuge shelter (Welcoming place)
11. School/University degree
12. Year of issue
13. Institution where they achieved the degree*
14. Italian University where they would like to apply
15. First degree course, Second degree course, or PhD
17. Mobile phone number
The deadline to submit the application is July 16 th , 2017.
More information: http://borsespi.laziodisu.it