The University of Limoges is recruiting 15 international PhD students to be trained as European experts in Advanced THermomechanical multiscale mOdelling of Refractory linings (ATHOR):
ATHOR is an original research project dedicated to Advanced THermomechanical multiscale mOdelling of Refractory linings. This is an European Training Network (ETN) program that will start in October 2017, as a Marie-Sklodowska-Curie action (Innovative Training Network – ITN).
The University of Limoges (Université de Limoges) is a French public research university, based in Limoges. It counts more than 14,000 students and near 1,000 scholars and researchers.
It offers complete curricula up to the doctorates and beyond in the traditional areas of knowledge and continues to develop new courses in line with the evolution of the postmodern and postcolonial society.
Scholarships Number and Award:
Up to 15 candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers. The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in the different EU Member States). The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if married or with children). The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months (i.e. EC funding, additional funding is possible, depending on local Supervisor).
In addition to their individual scientific projects, all fellows will benefit from further continuing education, which includes internships and secondments, a variety of training modules as well as transferable skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences.
Education Level & Subject:
PhD programme in the Advanced Thermomechanical multiscale mOdelling of Refractory linings (ATHOR).
The candidate must hold a Master degree in a relevant field, and have no more than 4 years of full-time work/research experience, nor a granted PhD degree at the time of hiring. University particularly encourages candidates from underrepresented minorities to apply.
Entrance Requirement: Students have just achieved a Master’s Degree (or you are in the first four years of your research career) in:
– Materials Science
– Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in materials
– Materials Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Applied Physics
– Thermal Engineering
– Chemical Technology
– ETN-ATHOR ESR Application Form to be filled
– Curriculum Vitae
– Cover letter: Refer to ETN-ATHOR project and ESRs Recruitment procedure, indicate clearly the ESR positions to which you are applying with your order of priority (maximum of three). Argue your motivation to apply for this specific ESR position(s). Discuss in bullets your skills which are specifically adapted to the chosen topic, and provide supporting evidence to your arguments.
– Certificate of Master’s Degree (or equivalent) with transcripts of records
– Proof of English proficiency
– Recommendation letter(s) from previous supervisors or employers
– List of publications, if applicable
– Work experience certificates, if applicable
– Manuscripts of the listed publications, if applicable
How to Apply:
Apply before July 23, 2017